We are terrible at updating this blog, or any blog for that matter, but specifically this one. So, instead of trying to play "catch up" from the last update I am just going to and do some little updates every couple of days. We will see how long this lasts.
Last week Jeremy, Shannon, Irene and Isaac came to visit. They stayed at the Horton Hotel with daily excursions and activities in conjunction with the Four O. Seven Resort. It was fun to see the interaction between Xavi and his cousins. He and Isaac really hit it off and now have "conversations" that are incredibly entertaining.
This photo captures the essence of their relationship and the good times that even breakfast would bring:
During the visit Xavi would wake up early (for him) to begin his adventures with Isaac. They got to swim together, fly the "airplane", went to zoo, the magic house, and even pick on Viktor together. Poor Vik just wants to be like his brother and would get upset that he was unable to do what his brother and cousin were able to do.
Xavi liked to engage with Irene as well, usually in the more artistic pursuits such as coloring, stickers, and activities of that nature.
As the visit concluded we were sad to see our Northern family members leave, but after such an action packed week exhaustion was quick to set in. Some of us did not get the luxury of an afternoon nap to recharge
Life has returned to normalcy for us (whatever that is) and Xav and Vik are back to causing trouble together as only brothers can:
Vik is getting so big and is "growing up". He likes to wander around and is constantly getting in to things. The kid eats more than I do, but I guess that is necessary for such a growing boy. He loves to sleep and will smile at us when we put him to bed some nights. He is just like Xavi and loves to be outside playing in the dirt.
The other night we were reading to Xavi in his bed and heard a constant "thump" against the wall. I went in to the room and sure enough Viktor was sitting up smiling aware of the noise he was making. I pulled him into the bed to read with us and he had a great time. We decided that if/when the boys share a bedroom, it will be an epic struggle to get them to sleep every night.
That is all for now. Welcome back to the blog!
2 comments:
What fantastic pictures that capture such sweet moments! Feels like I get to be there in the midst of the chaos and fun, even though I wasn't. Thanks for the update! And don't feel bad; apparently growing children = the death of blogs.
fantastic post. I give it an A.
loved the integration of pix and memory jar quotes. my favorite was the teeter totter, black eye from teeter totter back to back.
also, I think it might be time to change the name of this blog...not that your other kids will get a complex or anything...just saying.
Post a Comment