Saturday, May 15, 2010

Moving....

We have slacked but we have a good reason. We are moving! In a couple weeks we will be moving from our apartment into a real house, complete with garage and yard! We are very excited and Xavi is as well, he really likes all the open space and since it is a ranch he can run around all over and we don’t have to worry about him doing this:

But probably still this:

Here is a picture of Xavi at the new place during the home inspection. He enjoyed running around and playing in all the space, especially the backyard. I am sure he will have many adventures in the woods and creek behind the house.

He is quite the climber, jumper, and just all around mover. I should open up a gym and have Xavi be a personal trainer. When Xavi does his squats Amie and I do them with him, it is quite the workout and he seems to be able to rock through them at a breakneck pace. He is working on his pull-ups by trying to look out the window, although he has yet to master that skill.

My idea of pushing him toward soccer seems to not be working, as he likes to run and grab your legs (like a tackle) or throw things to you. He is not into the whole kicking thing anymore (maybe I should create some garment that incapacitates his hands/arms, that or tape a golf club to his hands).

We are looking forward to seeing breaking free and teamiwas in the next week! Xavi is ready to play!

2 comments:

uncle jar said...

It feels like Isaac will soon be following Xavi around and emulating his big cousin. Boys are definitely different than girls...I hope Xav's is a good influence, but I'm sure Didu will have to cut up some socks to stop bleeding from various injuries. It is inevitable.

We are very excited for your move! Sorry we can't help move...maybe we can help pack or something?!

anyway, very excited to see you guys next weekend!

teamiwas

Climbing IS fun said...

Oh, to be young and fearless again! Auntie Rach would like to bring Xavi a helmet, but won't for 2 reasons: (1) he would probably outgrow it very quickly, and (2) that would officially make me a paranoid freak.

I'm happy that you guys will finally have a place of your own with a big yard. I forgot to ask if it has a basement in which you can build a ramp (and start piling up a collection of stuff that Xavi will one day have to sort through and try and convince you to throw away)?

If you taped a golf club to Xavi's hands, I think hilarity would ensue...and also lots of broken things and bruised shins.

Can't WAIT to see everyone. No vomit viruses this time, please.