Rule #32: Enjoy the little things.
The title of this blog comes from the movie "Zombieland" which is applicable on a variety of levels. Much like the movie, with the arrival of the baby my home kinda became like a zombie land, but by following the rules I have not only managed not to become a zombie, I have also thrived and knocked out a ton of what was on my "To Do List", while taking care of a two year old, a post-pregnancy wife, and a newborn. When my book comes out you all can buy it and learn my secrets.
So in honor of the "little things" I have compiled a list of the "little things" that I have enjoyed lately.
Things one and two- Xavi is a great big brother who loves Viktor. He always wants to hold him and tries to pick him up and get him out of his bed whenever possible.
Xavi likes pacifiers again, which is kinda funny.
Xavi is talking a lot more and says some funny things, Like when he asked us "Pump Xavis 'No-Nos' (nipples)", or when he goes into Viktor's room and tells him "Baby wake up!", or when he wants the baby to play with him by saying "Baby play________" (whether it is trains, basketball, soccer, or cars).
Xavi can climb into Viktor's crib without our help which is scary but fun to see.
With the nice weather, Xavi loves to play outside and has helped me in the backyard, particularly in the garden with our new plants. He loves the dirt and I am very tempted to make Xavi his own "garden" (dirt box) so that he can play in it and not destroy our plants. He also loves to get the soccer goal out and "make goals".
Xavi liking to go to "Home Dee-to" and "Eat at Costco".
Xavi laughs every time you say "Jose", which is kinda awkward as we have a neighbor by that name that Xavi has never really met. We can't figure out why he finds it so funny, but he will laugh or have a big grin every time you say that name. My theory is my dad saying "No way Jose" but i have yet to test that out.
Xavi loves to play hockey in the kitchen and he is pretty good at it. He also likes to shoot at the garage door.
I am probably going to jinx us, but Viktor has been really good. Not only with his sleeping, but also with his just overall temperament.
A funny story, on Viktor's second night at home we had fed him and put him back to bed around 10:00pm. Sure enough we hear a cry in the darkness of night. As this is the first time i had woken up I asked Amie "when was the last time you fed him?" She answers "Around 10:00." "Seriously? it is 3:50" I replied. "What time?!?" came her answer. Then we were excited that we had gotten around 4-5 hours of uninterrupted sleep. Of course that did not become a habit but for the rest of that day we hoped it would.
Xavi had a 102 degree fever the other night and was very cuddley. I felt terrible that I couldn't make him feel better, but he doesn't do that often and it was really nice.
Hopefully Viktor, Amie and I don't get whatever it is Xavi has.
Hopefully it isn't the beginning of a zombie epidemic.
1 comment:
I don't understand the whole zombie thing in the public/cultural area right now? I don't really understand zombies. and I don't understand how there can be so many shows and movies about them. the plot options seem to be self-containing and limiting...
but I DO understand the zombie nature of parenting toddler/newborns. the good news is that it won't last forever. that bad news is that, there is nothing to do in the mean time...just survive.
Xavi is super cute and funny. Following him around with a video camera would provide hours of entertainment. He is definitely Horton's son...
We are excited to meet Viktor some day...he will no longer be a slug and most likely be up to some shenanigans of his own...no salsa-in-the-road type behavior, but definitely up to tricks with Xavs...
Irene and Bubby say hi.
Post a Comment