Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Life with 2 kids



Viktor is almost 2 months old now and Xavi is well into his 2 years and extremely inquisitive and very talkative.

Viktor is pushing almost 12 pounds, while Xavi is a tiny 37 pounds.

Viktor from day one and continues to be very alert and looking at everything. He lets us know when he needs something, by very loudly screaming. Overall he's a good baby and we really don't have any complaints.

Xavi loves him and when he's asleep, thinks Vik needs to be awake and watching him. One afternoon I found Xavi in Vik's crib laying with him. Mostly Xavi likes to lay with him in his baby gym. Here's hoping they will always get along.

It's been kinda tough starting over, we have been so used to just Xavi and being able to throw a diaper in the car and be gone for the day. Now we have to cart around so much more stuff for an outing that only lasts an hour.

Xavi really loves watching Bob the Builder and has been inspired to build a big house in the dirt box that Jeff made for him in the backyard. He also has taken a huge liking to drawing, painting, etc. He loves to sit at the kitchen table and create. This makes us smile.

Xavi has now officially received his first hair cut. It went much better than expected and he still has his beautiful blonde hair.

Viktor likes to sit is his chair and watch us and be apart of whatever we are doing. He sleeps more soundly while in the thick of the family.

We are looking forward to more visitors this summer. Auntie Rach just left us and Xavi has been very sad. She played with him and swam with him and he loved every minute with her, sadly not one pic was taken during her visit.

We'll try to post more, but who are we kidding. You'll just have to come and visit and hang out at the pool with us!

5 comments:

Rachel said...

I realized the same thing when I got back...not a single picture from my visit. At least there are some cute ones from Easter. I had so much fun playing with Xavi! Feeling so blessed to get to spend time with him at this age. I will utilize Jer style bullet points to highlight my favorite things:
- I like how he answers "yeah, I think so" instead of "yes."
- It was hilarious to see him chuck a toy or random object across the room/into the pool/etc then raise his hands and quizzically say, "oh no! what happened?"
- I appreciate the adventurousness of his palate...he would look curiously at whatever I was eating, wait for me to ask if he wanted some, then open his mouth like a baby bird or reach out those chubby little kid fingers and help himself :) Who knew a 2 1/2 year old would like white cheddar jalepeno gourmet popcorn?
- Fun to see him 'looking out' for Viktor and Noa. I think he's going to be a good big brother/big cousin.

Thanks for letting me stay with you guys! Hugs and kisses!

Cant wait to get all these boys together.... said...

What a happy family of four!! Cant wait to see you guys in July.

Oh the trouble the Iwaszkowiec boys will get into......

Shan

Lairy the Cupcake Fairy ... that's me! x said...

Gorgeous with a capital G! Love the family photo! x

better late than never said...

fun pix. and post. sorry, I think I have been under a rock recently and didn't notice this post for a while...we are really looking forward to coming down in July:

-in order to meet baby Viktor!

-and for Xavi and Isaac to get into copious amounts of trouble while Irene yells at them to stop.

I used bullet points to please Auntie Wachel and the word "copious" in honor of our Brit friend...

p.s. the fact that Joff's kid has a "dirt box" is fitting. spot on in fact.

Lairy the Cupcake Fairy ... that's me! x said...

I appreciate your use of 'copious' it's most befitting!

... and all your kids are fab!! x